Few grocery store experiences cause more anxiety than that of standing in the wine aisle, surrounded by hundreds of neatly stacked bottles, wondering which you’d like to try next. Red or white? Dry or Sweet? France or Spain?
The brainchild of three Austin, TX-based entrepreneurs, WhatsMyWine was created to take the guesswork out of the often daunting process of buying wine.
"There are so many factors that go into selecting a bottle: variety, vintage, price to name a few,” says Bob Weinschenk, one of the app’s co-founders. “We wanted to create a solution that gives users personalized recommendations so they pick their best wine, every time."
• Co-Founder, The Center for Generational Kinetics, the leading Millennials Consumer Research Firm
• Featured in The New York Times, 60 Minutes, The Today Show, and called a research guru by Adweek
• Five successful start-ups (two from Stanford) across diverse markets
• Finally able to merge entrepreneurial zeal
and a love of wine
• Serial CTO, physicist, predictive analytics specialist
• Founder of Deja.com (now Google Groups)